Visual or Audio Recording Policy
To insure the safety and privacy of Lincoln Library customers and staff, the Lincoln Library Board of Trustees requires that:
- Permission from the library Administration is required to use any type of visual or audio recording equipment inside Lincoln Library buildings or at their entrances.
- Lincoln Library reserves the right to use security cameras on library property.
- Permission is required from adults before they may be visually or audibly recorded. In the case of children, permission is required from a parent.
- The library will ask that a permission slip be signed for any visual or audio recording of customers or staff.
- Visual recordings taken strictly for library promotional purposes at library programs where attendance exceeds 25 people are excluded from the permission slip requirement. Notice of recordings should be given to the audience prior to the beginning of the program.
- The "Consent and Release" form (PDF) is available upon request from the Lincoln Library Public Relations Office.
Approved by the
Lincoln Library Board of Trustees:
November 17, 2004