Policies at Lincoln Library
Audio or Visual Recording | Circulation | Internet | Interlibrary Loan | Meeting Rooms | Study Rooms
Public Meeting Rooms
To VIEW the meeting room calendar or RESERVE a meeting room, read the regulations below, and then click the 'accept' link at the bottom to go to the meeting room calendar.
Please note the following information:
- Room reservations should be made a minimum of one week in advance through the online reservation software.
- Please note, when making your reservation, if you cannot click on the time boxes or if the area is grey, the room is not available.
- It is important to read the regulations. The person who makes an online room reservation or signs a meeting room application assumes legal responsibility for the repair or replacement of lost or damaged library property. Failure to comply with the rules will result in the cancellation and/or refusal of future reservations.
For additional information, phone 217-753-4900 or email email@example.com.
- Carnegie Rooms
- Carnegie Room North (1st floor; capacity - 120)
- Carnegie Room South (1st floor; capacity - 40)
- Carnegie Rooms may be joined for a capacity of 160. (Use of tables lowers seating capacity.)
|Click on an image to enlarge it.
- Bicentennial Conference Room (3rd floor; capacity - 20)
NOTE: The Bicentennial Room is temporarily not available for use.
- DeFrates Reading Room for Book Discussion Groups only (2nd floor; capacity - 15)
NOTE: The DeFrates Reading Room is temporarily not available for use.
Equipment is only available for use in the library's meeting rooms. It cannot be taken out of the library. Equipment not available in all rooms. The library does not have a technician to assist with equipment.
- Floor lectern
- Slide Projector
- U.S. Flag
- Table-Top Lectern
- Overhead Projector
- VHS/DVD Player with Monitor
- Illinois Flag
- Stand-Up Microphone
- Multi-Media Projector (laptop not included)
- Extension Cord
- Lavaliere Microphone
- Table-Top Microphone
- Projector Stand
- Flipchart (paper not included)
- Grand Piano
Lincoln Library’s public meeting rooms may be used for a variety of purposes. Library programs have priority. Room reservations should be made a minimum of one week in advance through the online reservation software. The library reserves the right to cancel or relocate any meeting. Failure to comply with the following rules will result in the cancellation or refusal of future reservations.
- Public Meetings - All meetings must be open to the public. Fund-raising events by non-library organizations are prohibited. Workshop fees or dues may be collected, but the public may not be denied entry to the meeting because of failure to pay. (Private meetings/events, including parties, showers, receptions, cannot be held at the library.)
- ADA - Each group using a meeting room must comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and are responsible for providing qualified interpreters or auxiliary aids upon request. (For assistance, contact the Springfield Center for Independent Living .)
- State & Federal Agencies - Due to limited space, the library excludes meetings of state and federal agencies, except for public information meetings announced through the media.
- Reservation Priorities - Priority for use of the meeting rooms will be given as follows:
- Lincoln Library
- City of Springfield
- Not-for-Profit Organizations (Proof of 501c3 may be required.)
- Reservation Limits - Room reservations will be limited to two meetings, per organization or group, per month. (Use of the DeFrates Reading Room is limited to book discussion groups only and to one meeting, per group, per month.) If not using the online room reservation software, those requesting use of a room must complete an application one week prior to their meeting date. Failure to notify the library of a cancellation within 48 hours prior to the meeting may result in future reservations being denied.
- Reservation Hours - Meetings are scheduled only during library hours, and must conclude before the library closes. Reservations must include group set-up and clean-up time. Rooms are available: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m.; Thursday & Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. (Meeting rooms are not available on Sundays.) Only designated public entrances/exits may be used. Group activities are confined to the room reserved. No organization may use the library as its official address.
- The library is not responsible for any individual or group property, nor can it provide storage for property.
- The person who makes an online room reservation or signs a meeting room application assumes legal responsibility for the repair or replacement of lost or damaged library property. Clean up of table tops and disposal of trash in the meeting rooms is the responsibility of each group. Trash receptacles are provided in each room. There will be No taping or tacking of materials, signs, posters, maps or the like, to any walls, including the dividing wall in the Carnegie Rooms. Candles are a fire hazard and not allowed.
- A kitchen is adjacent to the Carnegie Rooms and the DeFrates Reading Room. Persons using the kitchen are responsible for cleaning it following use. Refreshments are prohibited in the Bicentennial Conference Room, excepting library staff meetings.
- Failure to clean room(s) and kitchen properly, as stated above, will result in a $50.00 charge.
- Parking - Parking is available beneath the library. For additional information - Library Parking. The lot closes one half hour after the library closes.
- Smoking - Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited in the library.
- Attendance Sheets - Meeting room users must complete the attendance form available in the rooms.
- Services which require payments are prohibited on library property, i.e.: insurance sales, card readings, tutoring.
- Library Staff are not available for test monitoring.
How to Book a Room with the Online Meeting Room Software:
- View meeting room schedules in Day, Week, or Month View by clicking the appropriate tab at the top of the page.
- To request a room, simply go to the calendar and select the Date (click on actual number), Time, and Room you are interested in scheduling. Click the beginning time checkbox and then the ending time checkbox. Click Continue at the bottom of the screen. (NOTE: If the room is available, the status of room will show as "OPEN." If you cannot click on the time boxes or if the area is grey, the room is not available.)
- The Contact Information screen will now appear. Complete all informational boxes and click Verify Request to complete. Your room request will be confirmed by email or telephone within 5 business days. If you do not receive a confirmation, please phone 217-753-4900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
By clicking the link below and making a room reservation, you agree that you have read the Lincoln Library Meeting Room Regulations and will comply with them. The person who makes an online room reservation or signs a meeting room application assumes legal responsibility for the repair or replacement of lost or damaged library property. Failure to comply with the rules will result in the cancellation and/or refusal of future reservations.
I ACCEPT the meeting room regulations and agree to comply with them.