Lincoln Library is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all patrons. Violations of these rules may result in being banned from library property, which includes both the library plaza and building.
- Lincoln Library patrons shall conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Patrons under age 11 must be supervised at all times. Please refer to the Unattended Child Policy for more information.
- All patrons must be respectful of one another, volunteers, and library staff. Patrons’ behavior must not obstruct, threaten, harass, or disturb fellow patrons, volunteers, or staff.
- Furnishings, materials, and equipment shall be used for their intended function. Prolonged or habitual sleeping is not allowed inside the library.
- Personal items must stay with the guest at all times. Items must be able to fit under a table and must not impede others’ movement and access. Unattended property will be confiscated.
- Improper use of the restrooms is prohibited and includes but is not limited to bathing, shaving, or laundering.
- Drinks with spill-proof lids are allowed inside the library. Food will only be permitted pursuant to the Food Policy, which is available upon request.
- Patrons must wear shoes and be clothed above and below the waist at all times.
- Photography and video/voice recording on library property is only allowed pursuant to the library’s Audiovisual Policy, which is available upon request.
- Service animals are allowed in the building and must be kept under control by their handlers. No animals may be left unattended outside the library.
- Patrons with a strong odor of any kind that interferes with others’ use of the library may be asked to leave.
- The consumption or possession of alcohol and other intoxicants, legal or illegal, on library property is prohibited.
- Weapons are prohibited on library property.
Approved by Lincoln Library board February 26, 2020