Lincoln Library is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all. Violations of these rules may result in being banned from library property, which includes both the library plaza and building.
- Lincoln Library patrons shall conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Patrons under age 11 must be supervised at all times. Please refer to the Unattended Child Policy for more information.
- All patrons must be respectful of one another, volunteers, and library staff. Patrons’ behavior must not obstruct, threaten, harass, or disturb others.
- Furnishings, materials, and equipment shall be used for their intended function.
- Prolonged sleeping is not allowed.
- Personal items cannot be left unattended. Items must be able to fit under a table and must not impede others’ movement or access. The Library is not responsible for unattended property. Please refer to the Personal Possessions Policy for more information.
- Improper use of the restrooms is prohibited and includes but is not limited to bathing, shaving, or laundering.
- Single-serve drinks with spill-proof lids are allowed inside the library, except in computer areas. Food consumption is not permitted, except at Library approved events.
- Patrons must wear shoes and be fully clothed at all times.
- Photography and video/voice recording on library property are only allowed pursuant to the library’s Audiovisual Policy.
- Service animals are allowed in the building and must be kept under control by their handlers. No animals may be left unattended on Library property.
- Patrons with a strong odor of any kind that interferes with others’ use of the library may be asked to leave.
- The consumption or possession of alcohol and other intoxicants, legal or illegal, on library property is prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited on Library property. This policy applies to the use of tobacco products, smokeless tobacco, herbal products, and e-cigarettes.
- Weapons are prohibited on library property.
Approved by Lincoln Library Board December 2022