Volunteers are vital to the success of the library and perform a variety of tasks, from shelving books to scanning historic photographs and assisting with programs. We are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers who want to serve their community.
- Volunteers should be at least 16 years old.
- Volunteer positions require at least a 4- to 6-month commitment.
- A background screening is required prior to beginning any volunteer position.
- Fiction shelving requires strong alphabetization skills.
- Nonfiction shelving requires some knowledge of the Dewey Decimal system.
- Shelving requires some physical labor, such as pushing a book cart, reaching, and bending.
How do I become a volunteer?
Please fill out the Volunteer Application below and we will contact you on an as-needed basis. Once you are matched with an available volunteer opportunity, a background screening will be required. If you have any questions, contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 217-753-4900, ext. 5602, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.