Explore More Illinois
What is Explore More Illinois?
Explore More Illinois is a free service that provides instant online access (with your Library card) to free and discounted tickets to museums and other fun cultural attractions. Explore More Illinois can be accessed 24/7 from any computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Pass access is limited to card holders ages 18 and older. Users may choose from passes based on venue and date. A limit of two active reservations are allowed at one time. A photo ID matching the name on the reservation must be shown at the attraction on the day of the reservation.
How do I get a pass?
Get started at the Explore More Illinois Login. From the drop-down menu, choose Lincoln Library, then enter your library card number and PIN. Please note that your library card must be in good standing. If you cannot log in, please contact the library's Borrower Services Department at ext 5625. Browse passes and available offers for the upcoming three months. You can also search for offers by date, attraction name, or location.
How can I make a reservation?
Reservations must be made for a specific date. Using the calendar, select the date then choose the Reserve option under the attraction. A confirmation box will appear and a confirmation email will be sent. It is recommended to print your pass shortly before your visit. Once you print or download your pass, you cannot cancel your reservation. Two active reservations are allowed per Library card. Reservations may be cancelled before they are printed or downloaded. Once you print or download your pass, you can not cancel your reservation, and it remains an active status until after the date on the pass.
What do I need to bring to the attraction on the day of the reservation?
You will need to bring a photo ID and either a smartphone with the pass available on the phone or a printed copy of the pass. Some attractions require a printed copy; this is indicated when you make the reservation.
What attractions are included?
Please note that participating attractions may change at any time. Please visit Explore More Illinois to see current attractions and offerings.
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, Springfield
- Edwards Place, Springfield
- Kidzeum of Health and Science, Springfield
- Springfield Art Association, Springfield
Other Illinois Attractions:
- 1950s Park Forest House Museum, Park Forest
- American Toby Jug Museum, Evanston
- Central Illinois Connection Center, Chatsworth
- Chicago Children's Museum, Chicago
- Chicago Maritime Museum, Chicago
- Discovery Center Museum, Rockford
- DuSable Museum of African American History, Chicago
- Ernest Hemingway Birthplace Museum, Oak Park
- Homewood Science Center, Homewood
- Illinois Holocaust Museum, Skokie
- Kankakee County Museum, Kankakee
- Museum of Contemporary Photography at Columbia College, Chicago
- The Viking Ship, Geneva
- Vermilion County Museum, Danville