The Town House Apartments at 718 S. 7th St. opened in 1958. The building was designed by the architectural firm of Shaw, Metz & Dolio, Chicago and built by general contractor Evans Construction, Springfield. The Franklin Life Insurance Company owned the 13-story apartment building. The Town House was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2005. As of 2017 the building operated as the “The Town House Condominiums” with units for sale and lease. The Town House features 86 units, ranging from spacious three-bedroom models (2,000 sq. ft) to efficiencies (500 sq. ft).
The collection includes a lease, working documents for a promotional brochure, advertisements, and logo, furniture tags, publicity, the National Register of Historic Places application, open house materials, and interior and exterior photos. The majority of the material is from the late 1950s and 2005.