Manuscripts

Categories

Athens Woman’s Club Collection

The Athens Twentieth Century Club was organized November 1904 and joined the state federation in 1906. The object of the Twentieth Century Club was “literary research and social enjoyment.” (1908 Constitution) It became the Athens Woman’s Club in 1922.The object of the Athens Woman’s Club was “mutual improvement and promotion of the higher social and moral conditions.” (1928 Constitution) The 2001-2002 year booklet named the object of the organization as “education, elucidation and entertaining the community and ourselves.”
More Information

150 Capital Years – Springfield Sesquicentennial Collection

The collection includes information about the April 6th celebration including logistics, call for and certificates of appreciation from Mayor Ossie Langfelder to the photographers for the 150 Capital Years book, submission/description forms for the photographs, newspaper, newsletter, and magazine articles about the Sesquicentennial, correspondence with the US Postal Service and envelopes, Springfield history research, the official logo, commissioned artwork, and finances.
More Information

1976 Bicentennial Celebration Collection

This collection includes materials from the Capital Bicentennial Commission in Springfield, the Illinois Bicentennial Commission, and the American Revolution Bicentennial Administration.
More Information

Administrative Management Society, Springfield Chapter Collection

The Springfield chapter of the National Office Management Association was formed in 1946. They changed the name to Administrative Management Society in 1963-1964. They held monthly programs, an annual business show, and conducted a salary survey.
More Information

Allis-Chalmers Collection

The Allis-Chalmers Collection consists of photographs showing employees and the machinery manufactured at the Springfield plant.
More Information

American Association of University Women-Springfield Chapter

In 1906 the National Association of Collegiate Alumnae granted a charter to Springfield to form a branch. They had their first meeting in 1907. The organization became the American Association of University Women in 1921.
More Information