Youth Summer Reading
Youth Summer Reading 2023
Summer Reading Games
Pre-K Summer Reading, 1000 Books Before Kindergarten
Lincoln Library’s 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program is a fun, exciting, and free way to start your child on the path to success! Any child ages birth to five years can participate, and not just during the summer. Just follow these steps:
- Register: Sign up in person at Lincoln Library’s Children’s Room, or online at Beanstack!
- Track Your Reading: Every time you read with your child record the book on Beanstack or have them color in one of our nifty Reading Logs!
- Every Book Counts: Even if your child wants to hear the same book again and again, you can count it each time. You can also count the books your child hears at storytime, in daycare or preschool, or with a friend or family member, as long as your child listens to the entire book.
- 100-Book Milestones: Each time you read 100 books, bring your reading record to the library to receive a special reward, and take home a new reading record for your next 100 books.
Grades K-5 Summer Reading
Earn an emoji keychain when you sign up!
How Does it Work?
- Sign up on Beanstack, or by visiting Lincoln Library.
- Earn badges by completing activities like reading a nonfiction book, attending a program, or reading a book published before you were born.
- Complete your Summer Reading challenge by earning three badges and pick up your water blaster prize at the Youth Services desk. There might even be some secret badges along the way…