Due to the increase of COVID-19 cases in Sangamon County, and keeping the staff and patrons' safety in mind, we will be modifying Lincoln Library’s operations. These changes are effective immediately.
- Hours of operation: Monday-Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Closed on Sundays.
- Contactless curbside pickup is available.
- No in-person browsing.
- No pick-up of materials inside the facility is allowed.
- Computer use is available in one-hour increments by appointment by calling 217.753.4900 ext. 5630 or email AskLincolnLibrary@gmail.com.
- Information and cardholder services assistance is still available over the phone during regular operating hours.
- The ability to email and pick up print jobs is also still available. Email the documents along with your name, phone number and library card number (if applicable) to AskLincolnLibrary@gmail.com.
- Staff-facilitated copy and fax services.
- Contactless homebound delivery.
These are challenging times. We will work to bring you as many services as we are able to do so safely. Please call us at our main number, 217.753.4900 and let us know how we can help. We will keep you updated on any changes or additions to these offerings. Thank you and stay well.
Contact us with any questions, or to get help with research, library cards, and more without leaving your home!
Adjusted Library Hours
Mon-Sat: 10AM - 5PM
Using the Library: the Basics
- Return your materials to 7th Street or lobby drop boxes
- Curbside pickup will continue by appointment
- Computer use by appointment
- Printing and Fax services available through curbside
- Library card services available by phone or email
- Meeting rooms are not available
- We are not yet offering in-person story times or programs
- We are unable to take donated materials
Computer access is by appointment.
- Limited help is available and will be socially distanced
- Use hand sanitizer before using a computer
- For an appointment call 217-753-4900 ext 5630 or email AskLincolnLibrary@gmail.com
While many of our facilities are not ready to start receiving deliveries, we are working to start delivery to our patrons who are able to get their materials from a porch or stoop.
Please call 217-753-4900 ext 5620 if you're ready to start deliveries again. More information can be found here.