It’s been a while! We're excited to welcome you back into the library building starting June 29 as we move into Phase 4 of the Governor’s Restore Illinois plan. We will be offering a Quick Picks service model.
Quick Picks means that the building is open for limited services to minimize contact with staff and other patrons. No seating is available other than at computer stations.
Hours and services may change with little notice in response to public health guidelines.
Your returned items will be isolated for 96 hours before being checked in.
Contact us with any questions about our in-person services, or to get help with research, library cards, and more without leaving your home!
Adjusted Library Hours
Mon, Tue: 10AM - 5PM
Wed: 10AM - 7PM
Thu, Fri, Sat: 10AM - 5PM
Using the Library: the Basics
- Wear a face covering if you are medically able. Alternate services will be available to those unable or unwilling to wear a mask
- Practice social distancing
- Seating will not be available
- Occupancy is limited and you may need to wait outside before entering
- Return your materials to 7th Street or lobby drop boxes
- Curbside pickup will continue by appointment, or you may pick up your holds inside the library during open hours
- Limited browsing of popular materials
- Staff can get materials from inaccessible areas
- Computer use by appointment
- Sangamon Valley Collection by appointment
- Notary service by appointment
- Copier and Fax services during open hours
- Library card services in person or by phone or email
- Meeting and study rooms are not available
- We are not yet offering in-person story times or programs
- We are unable to take donated materials
Computer access is by appointment and limited to two hours per day.
- Limited help is available and will be socially distanced
- Use hand sanitizer before using a computer
- For an appointment call 217-753-4900 ext 5630
While many of our facilities are not ready to start receiving deliveries, we are working to start delivery to our patrons who are able to get their materials from a porch or stoop.
Please call 217-753-4900 ext 5620 if you're ready to start deliveries again. More information can be found here.