Val-E-Vue Improvement Association Collection

Leonard Sapp and Clifford Search bought a 120 acre farm at the northwest edge of Springfield and named it Val-E-Vue Acres in 1954. The subdivision lots began to sell in 1955. A pony came with each purchase of a lot. The Val-E-Vue Improvement Association first met in October 1956. The Association held pony shows, dances, holiday events, and more for the neighborhood. They also act for zoning, traffic lights, and common property in the area. The association is still active as of 2017.

The collection includes materials from the Val-E-Vue Improvement Association including history, bylaws, legal documents, zoning documents, event materials, pony show materials, neighborhood project materials, association anniversary materials, property related materials, correspondence, minutes, treasurers’ reports, newsletters, and photos.