Library of Things Borrowing Policy
- Equipment is used at the sole risk of the borrower. The Library makes no representation or warranty as to the fitness for use or condition of the items. Borrowers are responsible for reading and abiding by all manufacturer’s recommendations, warnings, and instructions for use.
- Equipment must be returned to the Lincoln Library Circulation Desk only. Items may NOT be left in drop boxes.
- Items must be returned intact, clean, in working order, and complete (including all accessories, parts, manuals, and packaging provided when borrowed).
- As with all library materials, borrowers are responsible for the care of the item and any supplemental materials.
- If any of the Library’s property is lost or damaged, borrowers agree to provide the cost of a repair or replacement.
- Patrons may request information on the replacement cost of items before checkout.
- Some items are only available for checkout by patrons 16 years or older due to safety concerns.
- A valid library card with outstanding fees of no more than $10 and no lost or billed items is required for checkout.
- The Library reserves the right to limit future Library of Things circulation to patrons due to previous misuse or damage of Lincoln Library property and/or violation of the Library of Things Borrowing Policy.
- All borrowers must sign a liability waiver.