The Springfield Theatre Guild was created in 1946. The first performance at their own theater at 101 E. Lawrence was on November 8, 1951. The organization later changed its name to Springfield Theatre Centre. They first used the Hoogland Center for the Performing Arts for their productions in 2004.
The collection includes programs, photographs, news clippings, tickets, and scripts from the 1940s-1960s and programs from 1996-2001. The Miscellaneous folder includes a 1955 ticket, a 1955-56 schedule of plays, and an “interesting facts” pamphlet.