Manuscripts

Categories

Lincoln Memorial Garden and Nature Center

The collection includes materials related to the operation of Lincoln Memorial Garden-correspondence, grounds notebook, committee reports, and maintenance plans, Administrators reports, Annual reports and meeting minutes, treasurers reports and financial records, photos, history and bylaws, newspaper clippings, event calendars, and items related Harriet Knudson and garden development.
More Information

Palmer Sanatorium Collection

Dr. George Thomas Palmer specialized in treating tuberculosis patients. Dr. Palmer opened the Springfield Open Air Colony in 1913. It was located in a farm house on 20 acres at the end of Lawrence Avenue where Chatham Road intersects. Soon the name was changed to Palmer Sanatorium.
More Information